"CLYDEBANK, town on right side of the Clyde, near Dalmuir station, Dumbartonshire. It is of quite recent origin, was formed in connection with shipbuilding works, and has a post office, with money order and telegraph departments, under Glasgow, a quoad sacra parochial church of 1875-76, a United Presbyterian church of later date, and a public school with about 175 scholars. Pop. of the town, 1632; of the quoad sacra parish, 2892."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]