Nigel Hardie has transcribed and published parish of Ettrick burials for 1829-1852.
Selkirkshire Antiquarian Society has published a CD containing transcripts and digital photographs of gravestones in the Ettrick cemetery.
A list of monumental inscriptions was printed in the 1964 volume of the Hawick Archaeological Society's Transactions and a list of the surnames recorded is available online.
Ordnance Survey maps covering Ettrick include:
- Landranger 73: Peebles, Galashiels & surrounding area - scale 1:50000, or 1.25inch:1mile, or 2cm:1km
- Landranger 79: Hawick & Eskdale area
- Pathfinder 484: Ettrick - scale 1:25000, or 2.5inch:1mile, or 4cm:1km
- Outdoor Leisure 44: Tweed Valley (Peebles to St Boswells) - scale 1:25000, or 2.5inch:1mile, or 4cm:1km
Ettrick is also covered by two reprinted one-inch to the mile Victorian Ordnance Survey maps. These are published by Caledonian Maps. The maps covering Ettrick (the first one takes in almost all of the parish) are:
- Sheet 16: Moffat, including Beattock, Eskdalemuir, Ettrick Water, Hart Fell, St Mary's Loch, Thirlestane, Tweedsmuir and Yarrow
- Sheet 17: Hawick & Jedburgh, including Ancrum, Ashkirk, Bedrule, Bonchester, Cheviot Hills, Hobkirk, Lilliesleaf, Minto, Teviotdale, and Watling Street
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NT274145 (Lat/Lon: 55.419046, -3.148479), Ettrick which are provided by: