Nigel Hardie has transcribed and published parish of Selkirk deaths for 1748-1778, 1819-1835 and 1836-1854.
Selkirkshire Antiquarian Society has published CDs containing transcripts and digital photographs of gravestones in the Auld Kirkyard, Brierylaw, and Shawfield Cemeteries.
An earlier publication by the Selkirkshire Antiquarian Society listing gravestones in Selkirk Auld Kirkyard is Gravestone inscriptions prior to 1855: Vol 1. Selkirk, Ashkirk and Lindean Old Churchyards published 1969 (listed in the LDS Family History Library catalogue in microfilm format, so hopefully available worldwide in LDS family history centres).
Note: Lindean cemetery lies within the old Galashiels parish.
A reprint of John Wood's plan of Selkirk compiled in the early 19th century is available from Caledonian Maps. This was one of a number of plans of Scottish towns compiled during the period 1818-1825, most naming streets and property owners.
Ordnance Survey maps covering Selkirk include:
- Landranger 73: Peebles, Galashiels & surrounding area - scale 1:50000, or 1.25inch:1mile, or 2cm:1km
- Outdoor Leisure 44: Tweed Valley (Peebles to St Boswells) - scale 1:25000, or 2.5inch:1mile, or 4cm:1km
The town is also covered by an old Victorian one-inch to the mile Ordnance Survey map published by Caledonian Maps. The relevant sheet is sheet number 25 "Kelso & Melrose" which also includes Earlston, Galashiels, Gordon, Greenlaw, Lauder, Polwarth, Roxburgh, St Boswells, Selkirk and Westruther.
The National Records of Scotland holds the following as part of its collection of maps and plans:
- circa 1780: Plan of Easter and Wester Long Mosses with adjacent grounds and owners' names. Scale 1:5400. Size 51x43cm. Grid (map) reference NT4929. NAS reference RHP.683
- 1839: Plan of the Haining estate. Scale 1:10,560. Size 54x51cm. Grid (map) reference NT4726. NRS reference RHP.4323
- 1839: Plan showing area in vicinity of Haining Loch. Scale 1:5000. NRS reference RHP.4325
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NT471286 (Lat/Lon: 55.548256, -2.839994), Selkirk which are provided by: