Cottisford / Cottesford
"COTTESFORD, a parish in the hundred of Ploughley, in the county of Oxford, 5 miles N. of Bicester, its post town, and 4 S. W. of Brackley. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford, value £344, in the patronage of Eton College. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is an ancient building with a tower. There is a free school." [The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Cottisford / Cottesford to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Cottisford / Cottesford has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP588310 (Lat/Lon: 51.974366, -1.145404), Cottisford / Cottesford which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)