"IPSDEN, a parish in the hundred of Langtree, county Oxford, 4 miles from Wallingford, its post town. The parish, which is extensive, is situated under the Chiltern hills, and contains part of the hamlet of Little Stoke. The land is heathy, but in parts fertile. Ipsden Heath is a meet for the Wormsley harriers. The living is a vicarage united with the vicarage of North Stoke, in the diocese of Oxford. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is of great antiquity, and contains some ancient engravings. The charities produce about £13 per annum. Ipsden House is the principal residence." [The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Ipsden to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Ipsden has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU631852 (Lat/Lon: 51.562158, -1.091119), Ipsden which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)