"WIDFORD, a parish in the lower division of Slaughter hundred, county Oxford, formerly in Gloucester, 1 mile S.E. of Burford. The parish is situated on the river Windrush. There is no village, only a few farmhouses. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford, value £100. The church is dedicated to St. Oswald. The charities produce about £7 per annum." [The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Widford to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Widford has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP272117 (Lat/Lon: 51.803285, -1.606931), Widford which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)