"WOODSTOCK, a chplry., market town, municipal and parliamentary borough, locally in Wootton hundred, but comprised within the lib. of Oxford, co. Oxford, 8 miles N.W. of Oxford, and 62 N.W. of London, or 71 by the Great Western railway, which had a station at Woodstock Road, which is about 2 miles from the town. ... More"
[The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Woodstock to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Woodstock has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP443167 (Lat/Lon: 51.847148, -1.358311), Woodstock which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)