"COVE, watering-place on east side near mouth of Loch Long, Dumbartonshire. It forms part of the police burgh of Kilcreggan and Cove; consists chiefly of villas and ornate cottages; and has a post office, with money order and telegraph departments, designated of Dumbartonshire, and a steamboat pier. Pop. 432."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Cove to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Cove has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS222821 (Lat/Lon: 55.999015, -4.852224), Cove which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)