"SHAWLANDS, village in northern vicinity of Pollockshaws, Renfrewshire. It shares in the industries of Pollockshaws, and has a chapel-of-ease. Pop. 798."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Shawlands to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Shawlands has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS569619 (Lat/Lon: 55.829016, -4.286062), Shawlands which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)